Every year, media groups like Statistica, Triton Digital, and Edison Research run digital media surveys to measure trends, understand listener behavior, and track podcast growth worldwide (these stats are for 2022)
• Over 60% of U.S. consumers listen to podcasts, and that number grows every year.
• 35-54 are monthly podcast listeners (the most popular age group for podcast consumption).
• Each week, more Americans listen to podcasts than have Netflix accounts.
• 80% of listeners listen to all or most of every podcast episode they start.
That’s just listenership and demographics, but it gets even more compelling when you dive into the marketing and purchasing power side of podcasting.
Podcasting is a highly effective marketing tool for wellness entrepreneurs looking to grow their reach.
Here’s how podcast stacks up as an advertising platform
• 60% of podcast listeners have bought something from a podcast ad.
• 72% of listeners who have listened to a podcast for four or more years have purchased a sponsored ad.
• 69% of respondents say podcast ads increase their awareness of products, brands, and services.
• 81% say they pay attention to podcast ads more than they do to radio, TV commercials, billboards, and even digital ads on social media.
• Ad revenue from podcasting is projected to exceed $2 billion in 2023.